Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wintertime

You know what I hate the most about snow? People complaining about the snow. Snow itself I'm pretty keen on. I don't even mind the poor driving conditions that much. Sure, I may be constantly paranoid of being hit by all the cars, but I can deal with it.
This weekend was essentially a string of four snow days. Friday night, Michelle and I took a late night excursion into the blustery outside, jumping off of swing sets into the thick snow, surfing down icy slides, making snow angels (her, not me), scaling giant parking lot plow mountains, and going to Kroger in the middle of the night to warm up/buy ice cream and mozzarella sticks. Saturday was the same, but more. The city declared it a snow emergency, and we walked down to Big Lots to buy a shovel, taking our time as we did. We stopped on a bunch under an awning and watched the snow come down in droves being chased by snow plow after snow plow, then we went home and watched How I Met Your Mother (in my opinion, the most well-written sitcom on television) and had soup. Sunday was Sunday, and it was good. Then yesterday, South Bend Schools had its second snow day of the year, so Michelle got to stay home, and we had another nice, cozy snow day. Sometimes, when people are cooped up like this for such a long time, they get annoyed with whoever it is their cooped up with. For me, it makes me realize all over again just how killer awesome my wife is.
I'm very much looking forward to the rest of my life.

3 comments:

L.U.K.END said...

:)

air max 90 blanc said...

nice.like it

Jenna said...

Snow is really beautiful to look at. I totally agree about the complainers, they suck! Just be grateful :)