Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Thirty-first, Twenty-ten.

Today is my soon-to-be nephew's fourth birthday. Four was my favorite age. We had a kind of party for him last night, but he wasn't feeling too well, so we just had some cake and presents. His maternal grandparents are here from Sweden until Tuesday, so this was a good time for his birthday.


I bought my old guitar amp back from the friend I sold it to a few years ago back from him today. It's good to have it back. It's like suddenly rediscovering an old friend.


Michelle and I are having a picnic this evening. As much as I dislike people complaining about bad weather, I'm so glad for the sun's return.


Today, the class I was in had a visiting teacher that spoke about recycling and then taught them about haiku, and had them write some haiku about the earth. Naturally, I wrote a few.

Do your part to care
For Earth: always keep closed the
refrigerator.

The earth surrounds me
I look around, and I see
trees, bees, peas, and knees

You down with hippies?
They are down with Mother Earth
Mess with her; with them.

"Oh, my recyclers,"
Captain Planet bids you, "Be
also bicyclers!"

(these next two are from the perspective of Captain Planet)

Ugh. Oh, pollution
My band and abhoréd foe
I'm comin' for ya.

Um. Did you just throw
that toxic waste in the woods?
You just made my list.


I had a good day today.

No comments: