Monday, April 19, 2010

Happenings

I took off work today to apply for a summer job through WorkOne (a sort of unemployment office). About half an hour into the three hour orientation, I realized that the hour they were going to have me drive every day wasn't worth the $8.50 an hour they were going to pay me to do it. C'est la vie ("La vie")* But, I was sick today anyway, so it's okay that I wasn't hanging out with any kids that could also get sick. I'm also taking tomorrow off to get some rest so I can be fully back on my feet on Wednesday.
On a major sidenote, if anyone is interested, I'll once more restate that I have a new music review blog, www.turnoffthatnoise.blogspot.com. I've been covering all sorts of music, both old and new, but since my rate of keeping up with music with any regularity is pretty slow these days, some of the reviews may seem completely irrelevant. But hey. Whatevz.

The wedding is in eleven and a half days. Wow. It's crazy that, after such a long time of waiting for marriage (since fifteen, even if it was just for sex then**), it's finally going to be here. Yesterday, I gave Michelle the letters that I had written for my wife over the past four years (with no sort of regularity at all). It was funny, because the very first letter mentioned that I was 'currently very attracted to my friend Michelle...but I don't think that would happen. But if that is you, that'd be really funny.' And guess what? It was funny. It was strange to look over those letters again. As much as I've changed since I started writing those letters, the core of Nathaniel was the same then as it is now. I'm just taller now. A tiny, tiny bit taller, but taller nonetheless.
Eleven and a half days. Shoot.



*My dad just told me about a friend he has that makes this joke. But, the proper French meaning and spelling was so ingrained in my mind that I completely missed the say/c'est pun.
**don't get me wrong: I'm still looking forward to that too, just not only that.

No comments: