Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finale

I have some things to finish up for Church History, a final for Intertestamental History on Tuesday, and a take home Hebrew final due on Thursday.

I had a sort of breakdown last night. I got incredibly confused about "certain things." I'm clearer now, though. It was a sort of release of thoughts I'd held in for too long.

I don't know why I have such a hard time confessing publicly that I struggle with sexual temptation. I expressed that struggle to some brothers, who all said the same thing. We're all angry at the hold that fight has in our lives and the lives of other men around us. And yet, there's such a reluctance to say clearly in the light of everyone's watching, "I am frail, I am weak, I am struggling, and this is how." And by 'everyone,' I explicitly mean a crowd that includes females. Because guys already know.

I'm coming to appreciate the Beatles' Abbey Road as one of the greatest albums ever recorded.

2 comments:

TypeOneEric said...

Its tough to confess sexual sin or temptation because for some reason, most people look down on that, and have no idea how to deal with it... even though so many of us struggle with it. Woe be the person who is labeled a pervert. But this is one of the last great hurdles of the church... to not shun or shy away from us who struggle with it, but to embrace everyone and really realize that sin is sin, no matter what it is.

Anonymous said...

Nat, there is coming a time when this is going to be dealt with. I've struggled and still do, and it's not an issue of simply getting over it on our own power, but claiming Jesus' authority and breaking the chains that are holding us back.
Confession and repentance in His name and His power and authority is the only cure for this disease.
My roomates and I and our R.D prayed over our room. It's a start.