Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bachelorpad

My roommates are both gone. Mellie is in New Jersey with her family as her grandfather is sick. Kriss then took a trip to Atlanta for a week. And so, I have my own apartment for a few days. Well...I have to share it with some cats, but I still get to do what I want. What that's meant so far is listening to a bunch of the music that Kriss gripes about and painting in the bathroom (it's the best place for it, really).

A couple of guys from church asked me if I wanted to get together to play music sometime. Of course I did, so they came over on Friday night to jam. Derrick played bass and laid some smooth basslines I never would have thought of. Eric played drums and had some sweet abstract angular beats that I loved. Then, they started talking about how we were a band.
That's sweet.

I'm not dreading being alone this week as I would have been a while ago. Good thing I learned how to not hate myself. This week would be a disaster otherwise.

No comments: