Wednesday, August 19, 2009

You think you know, but you have know idea

Today, I hung out with my friend Cody and his dad and cousin. Cody starts at Moody next weekend. We went to the Lincoln Park Zoo.

The past few days, Mellie has been in New Jersey with her family. Her grandfather has been in the hospital, wavering between the brink of death and surprising her doctors. Uncertainty surrounds everything.

Michelle visited this past weekend. Word on the street is, her dad was curious to see how an entire weekend with me would affect our relationship. If you ask me, I'll tell you it strengthened our resolve. If you ask her, she'll tell you it made her love me more.
I miss her. A lot.

I'm visiting South Bend this weekend, so I'll get to see her, as well as many other people, and I'll get to run a bunch of errands I've needed to get done (trading vans, dropping Sonia's painting off, etc.)

I wrote another poem. That's three for three. This is probably the shortest poem I've written in years. Michelle said the other day that it's okay for a poem to be short. I've just never been able to write a short poem.


There Is No Place
The sky bled
like a battle field under neon lights
and I walked
'neath the train to the place I'd rest my head
that still won't feel like home
regardless how much I call it such.

And my bed
which yet feels not like mine
will house my head
as I lay in wait for rest,
but none shall come
as my mind revolves around itself.

1 comment:

Greg said...

So the trend continues...
When you are writing a poem a day, some of them have to end up being short. I feel like you would burn out otherwise. Yes, even Nathaniel Fitzgerald.