Monday, April 6, 2009

Under Pressure/Ice, Ice Baby

I long ago learned that one's capacity for joy is also their capacity for sorrow. Recently, I've learned that one's capacity for joy is also one's capacity for neurosis.

quit your worrying, boy.

Much easier said than done. And beyond my nervousness and flakiness in life in general lately, I am really feeling the pressure of the next three weeks of classes (the last three ever. As an undergrad, at least) and the biggest desire I have is to just curl up with my head between my knees and my hands on my neck to protect my vulnerable head from the falling debris that is a mountain of assignments still yet to do. I really dislike school right now, and I'm really struggling to truly see the long term benefits, even though I know that if I drop off the academic globe right now, I'll regret it for the rest of my life--or at least until I finish my degree.

I often pray for discipline, or motivation, or what have you. Deep down, I know that praying for those things is an attempt to remove as much blame from myself as possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel. I am also scared to death of my own mountain of homework I must conquer. And I continuously pray for motivation, as if it's something completely out of my control.

Hang in there, Nat. We can do this.