Monday, September 28, 2009

Overwhelm Me

I need to be overwhelmed by God again. It's been so long since I've just been dumbstruck at His foolish goodness.
I need to not be overwhelmed by money. That means realizing that it's not my paycheck that provides for my needs, but God who does that--sometimes through a paycheck.
I need to be overwhelmed by my love for Chicago. For the past few months, it's just been equivocal with stress and worry--because I've had a very stressful and worrisome few months here, but things are turning around. I need to trust that.
I need to be overwhelmed by my need and desire to create. I need to paint more. I need to record more. I need to play guitar more. I need to write more.
I am already overwhelmed by my girlfriend. That base is already covered, and she continues to surprise me every single day of the week.

Mixtape, everyone.
Multitrack Sneakattack, Vol IV: Crossroads; the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

1 comment:

michelle said...

You're a sweetie. And I love you. Thanks for the mix-tape. I needed some new music at work. :)