Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Troubadour and the Television

When I returned home from my two months in Michigan, my family had changed houses as I had mentioned. What I hadn't mentioned is that once more, we have satellite television.

I did not particularly mind not having it...I had grown tired of coming home from school only to watch VH1 with my sisters for the entirety of my stay. But television was soon replaced by laptops, and everyone sat in their rooms on facebook, as I sat in the family room with my computer glowing before me, wishing someone would come down and keep me company. So one good thing about the television is that it has brought my sisters and I to a central location once more. However, I don't know how I feel about watching marathons of fashion based programs on the Bravo network.
I already caught myself browsing through online clothing stores. I don't need any more encouragement.

And so, I'm now outside, on the hammock, in the dark, listening to the crickets sing their nightly lullabies. A small barn cat has been prowling around looking for food. I drew her near me and tried to pet her. Naturally, she was skittish and would initially flee at the first sudden movement. Then, she got closer and started rubbing against my hand, then I'd pet her, then she would start playing with me. When I tried to pick her up into the hammock, she ran away, then came back and laid down next to the hammock. Now every time I get close, she play bites me.

It reminds me of someone I know. I won't say who.

I think I may have gotten an answer the other day. But I'm committed to challenging every answer I get until I'm convinced.

Until then, I just wait (worship, adoration, intercession, thanksgiving)

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

(edit: the kitty tried to jump into the hammock.)

4 comments:

starbird said...

don't contaminate the chelseahannahlovehammock. seriously.

Nathaniel FitzGerald said...

My hammock first, homes. My hammock first.

starbird said...

it does not matter if it WAS yours. it's ours now.

don't start with me.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... interesting...