Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A large amount of news in a small amount of time.

The past few days have been filled with a lot.

My emotional capacity seems like it has tripled. When I'm happy, I'm always blisteringly happy. When someone comes to me with a problem, I'm much more easily moved to tears. Just the other day in Biblical Theology, before we prayed at the beginning of class, Dr. Carpenter said, 'Let's take these requests to the Lord. And let's not forget Who it is that we're praying to.' Instantly, tears streamed down my face. Because honestly, I have been forgetting a lot who He is, and the past week or so, I've been reminded in the most peculiar, most ordinary ways.

Last year, a friend told me that she has struggled with homosexuality for most of her life. Then, a couple nights ago, she told me she was having feelings for a friend of hers, and she didn't care that it was wrong, she just wanted a relationship. I was livid, and said a lot of things that I can't believe. I have said before that with tough issues like this, it is best to err on the side of compassion. I wish I would have listened to myself, because now I know what happens when you don't. We reconciled later that night, though. But the most nerve racking part is that she plans on telling her brother tomorrow, and I'm going with for support. If I'm this nervous, I can't even imagine how she must be feeling.

I was walking across campus today, and was just overwhelmed with happiness. I just wanted to run around and sing loudly and dance and weep for joy. And the strange thing is, this superhappiness keeps showing up at the strangest times.

There might be some reasons, or life might just be going very well right now.
Probably some mixture of both.

1 comment:

Emma said...

I think I may have seen you dancing around campus on that day :)