Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Broke

This was a big break, my first taste of touring...and I like it.

I'm recording again...three albums at a time, and one three song EP. I hope to have them done around the time I move to Chicago, but we all know ow good I am with deadlines...

This week, I learned:
I sometimes crap out on God stuff when I'm on break. I read my Bible maybe twice over break (as opposed to the two times a day I try to fit in usually)
If someone yells at me, no matter how upset they are, I will raise my voice back, and I hate it.
Ryan, Ruth, Rebecca, and Rachel at Moody (kind of) are four of the most spontaneous and awesome people you'll ever meet.
My parents' puppy Jethro (Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs FitzGerald) is awesome, and I love him.
When I'm upset with myself, I eat a lot.
Chelsea Henion is a great friend.
I missed Brenden Bell a lot.
I miss Hannahbeth always.
I really like Okkervil River.
The Griffon in South Bend is an incredible book shop.
Sin City is a great movie. It has awakened my love for the noir genre.
If I want to see a movie on opening night and can't find anyone to go with, if I'm in town, I can just go to Movies 14, because everyone I'd go to see the movie with would be there anyway.
The trumpet makes a little bit of sense to me. A little bit.
I just want to graduate and be done with school. I guess the only way to do that is to work hard. But I don't really want to work hard. Meh.

I just want to be done.
I want to be done.
I want to be done.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Someone wise once told me that if you keep focusing on how much you want to finish or be done with something, you might miss something truly beautiful along the way.

I still haven't met Jethro and that makes my heart sad.
Okkervil River is the bomb.

Anonymous said...

c'mon i'm still looking forward to your recording. i'd rather hear one album then three, btw.

yes. sin city is fantastic.

Nathaniel FitzGerald said...

Well, you'll hear all of them in time.