Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Hope of things to Come

Tonight, I led the adult Bible study. The subject of the study was evangelism, and it was supposed to last about half an hour, then have prayer time.
We went about an hour, then started a prayer list of people we would like to see come to know Jesus.

It was very encouraging. I was very nervous about it at first, and half-expected to be met with hostility, but things are rarely ever as bad as we imagine them. Afterward, I started talking with Michael, one of the trustees, who I actually stayed with at 3DYC (who knew? Well...he did). We just started talking about random things, and then got back to the Gospel, and before I knew it, over an hour had passed.
We went to a bonfire at some congregation members' house, and a man Anthony, who was one of the more involved in the dialog in the Bible study, continued the conversation started with the study. I met two girls that are friends of Cody, and then the host's neighbor, who is a professional bowler. I very much enjoy meeting as many people as I am.


Something came to me today.
Christ isn't standing at our pulpits asking, 'who will come in?' Christ is standing at the door looking in crying, 'who will go out?'

I've been worried so much about filling the pews--what I really should be worrying about is emptying them.


God's up to something, tho. That much is for sure.

No comments: