Monday, June 2, 2008

No Such Thing as a Wasted Day

I woke up this morning feeling as if I would throw up. I then went into the bathroom and was right. So, I called my boss and left him a message telling him I wasn't coming in.

There's something so refreshing about having a legitimate excuse to do next to nothing. I get to sit around all day without feeling guilty about it. I get to watch old movies (Dracula, the Wolf-Man, Ed Wood--which isn't that old, but it is in black and white) without thinking that there's something else I should be worried about doing. I get to eat soup. And everyone knows how much I love soup.

Also, today I was alone and doing nothing, and I wasn't up to my usual tricks.
With as much as I want purity, it's so good to see that I've been blessed with some success. And I intend to reap this success to completion.

Also, I want to make a movie that looks and sounds like it was filmed in the forties--a movie that looks like Casablanca or the Maltese Falcon, with suspense and romance and witty dialog and one-liners that will last for generations.
Now if I could just find (or write) a script...

No comments: