Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Homecoming

Tomorrow is my last full day here. Then Wednesday, I head to my favorite place on this planet: Brown City Camp. And after that, home to Granger, and then to Bethel.

I'm having a hard time understanding what it really means that I'll be leaving so soon. But then again, just two months ago I was having a hard time understanding what it really meant that I was coming up here so soon. The time disappeared somewhere, spent among wise elders, vibrant children, promising high schoolers, and a host family that treats me much better than I deserve, learning the true heart of the Gospel and finding God's heart for people that I met with mixed expectations.

And at the same time...I'm leaving to somewhere, which makes the leaving so much more bearable.

Four years ago at Brown City camp, I realized that the Gospel required something of me, and I decided to give everything to Jesus. After that year, I wondered, 'how could camp possibly get any better than that?' Last year, that question was answered.

And I'm completely expecting another answer this year.

Pray for Revival.

No comments: