Monday, May 19, 2008

every day holds a new forever.

I'm growing up, slowly, but surely, despite my Peter Pan promises that I never would.
I'm working a full time manual labor job until I leave for my internship at Redeemer Missionary Church in Utica, MI. I'm considering options of a steady job for next year, what to do after graduation, and different options for a career* (eesh!). There's also the whole issue of marriage--which I've fretted about, been at peace about, freaked out about, chased, and now am waiting for. My best friends are married (they visited tonight). My sister is getting married this summer. There are several gray hairs in my beard.

I'm simultaneously nail-bitingly nervous and valiantly accepting of this new grown-upness at all times. It's something that I've run from, knowing the whole time that I need to take ownership of it. So I am. I'm digging my heels in the dirt and turning to face my fate, and I will take it for what it is.

Part of this growing up is the initiation of this new blog. I've had LiveJournal and Xanga, and have slowly grown out of each. I feel so juvenile and pretentious on ElJay, and Xanga is just kind of lame. (sorry--but it's true.) I don't really say what I mean to say on either, and given that part of my new resolution is to do just that, here I am. New days, new blog.

Until next time.





*traveling evangelist, worship leader, youth pastor, employee in para-church organization, pastor...

3 comments:

Chester said...

i found you.

Peter said...

well, hello.

best of luck.

benthomas said...

you've def grown up nat, but at the same time keep digging your heels in. it's like good wine, it needs to mature properly.